Lisa Tant, the vice president fashion editor at Holt Renfrew, recently sent the hottest fall looks down the runway during a private morning presentation at the downtown Vancouver Holt Renfrew store -- and I was lucky enough to get an invite.
Tant, who happens to be one of my biggest fashion role models, talked about the five biggest trends we'll be seeing from the runways to the streets this season. Take a look.
Needless to say, I was taking notes the whole time.
- Colour-blocking all three colours together.
- Adding motorcycle elements.
- Opting for monochrome.
Unsure of how the colours will look together? Choose a Stella McCartney-esque piece that utilizes colour contouring to achieve the three-in-one look.
When in doubt, top it all off with a neutral -- she recommended cream -- coloured blazer.
Pretty in Punk
- Pairing plaids with cozy knits keeps the look from being too Sid Vicious.
- Studded accessories such as flats or boots are a great way to wade into the trend --
without going overboard.
- Still not sold? Opt for leopard print, which can look surprisingly punk rock when
paired with leather accents and metal.
- If you're intimidated by mixing prints, go for one theme throughout the entire look
such as black and white, or gradient colours.
- Bigger silhouettes are better this season.
- If opting for the bigger-is-better design, balance out the volume with a skinny pant
- Reach for a coat with colour rather than traditional black or grey.
- Real or faux: Wear what you're comfortable with.
- Step out of norm by opting for coloured pelts -- such as pink.
Which trend will you be wearing this fall?