Travel diary: Topshop in Rome

Topshop silk tank and Topshop leather shorts with Steve Madden Grizz boots


  

Top and shorts:Topshop | Shoes: Steve Madden 'Grizz' | Bag: Coach | Sunglasses: Material Girl

There's nothing worse than wearing a great outfit in the wrong weather.

Whether it's a case of being too hot or too cold -- an improperly chosen outfit can make any event a little bit miserable.

Boy, did that happen to me on my second day in Rome.

After checking the weather forecast and seeing a good chance of rain, I decided to wear a pair of flat ankle boots and leather shorts for a city-meets-moto-chic look. 

Sounds about right, right? Wrong.

The day began warm ... and only got warmer.

I trouped through the streets of Rome doing my best to ignore the pants-on-fire feeling brought on by the 28 degree (C) heat while I admired the ruins, Pantheon, Piazza Navona and more.

I guess I've learned a valuable lesson from this experience: A 40-percent chance of showers in Rome means slim-to-none. (Unlike Vancouver, where anything above 10-percent pretty much means rain, guaranteed.)

Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy



2 comments

Unknown said…
nice photos and great travel outfit! wish I could go back to Rome!
Aleesha said…
Thank you! It's such an amazing city. :)